Top listeners:

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
  • cover play_arrow


Traffic & Travel News

European towns that will pay UK expats £45,000 to move there


share close

Moving abroad can be daunting but some countries will give a financial incentive to do so.

UK expats can get paid for moving to Spain, Italy and more popular spots.


Ponga is a small town in Spain that will give €2,971 (around £2,584) to every person that moves there.

This sum will also be paid for every baby born in the area.

Sardinia Italy

Italy will pay Britons to move there


The scheme has been introduced in the hopes of attracting foreigners and boosting the local economy.

Anyone who takes up the offer must commit to living in the town for a minimum of five years.

Ponga isn’t the only place Britons can get paid to enjoy the Spanish sun.

Rubia will also pay up to €100-150 (£87-£130) every month to stay in the village.

The area has hopes of increasing student numbers at schools and families are encouraged to take it up.


Calabria hopes to boost the population by offering up to €28,000 (£24,355) to UK expats if they move. The scheme has been in place since 2021.

Those who are accepted have just 90 days to move to the area and must be under the age of 40.

The money is also offered with the intention that the resident starts a business or works in an in-demand sector such as hotels, restaurants or shops.

This year, the stunning island of Sardinia announced it will also pay residents to boost its population.

Swiss alps

Switzerland will pay the most to move, but there’s a catch


There are around 3,000 grants on offer where expats will receive €15,000 (£13,000) to move.

This comes as another Italian scheme gives Britons the chance to buy a property for less than £1.


Britons prepared to move to Albinen in the Swiss Alps look to cash in the most.

It area has a tiny population so is offering families more than €50,000 (£43,500) to boost this.

Adults under the age of 45 will bank €25,300 (£22,000) to move, plus around €10,120 (££8,700) per child.

However, this is only available to Britons if they have already lived in Switzerland long enough to gain a permit C residence.

Source link

Written by: radioroxi

Rate it

Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *